The Swiss company ABB, one of the world’s leading suppliers of robotics and machinery automation, has big plans for the future. ABB wants to become the European leader in the robotics industry, leveraging its broad and diverse portfolio of products and solutions, which ranges from articulated, collaborative, painting, delta and SCARA robots, to AMRs (autonomous mobile robots) and automation solutions. machines .
Some of the biggest challenges ABB faces on its path to leadership in the European robotics industry are:
- Global competition from other countries and regions that are also investing in robotics and artificial intelligence, such as the United States, China or Japan.
- Adaptation to the needs and expectations of clients and workers in different sectors and industries, which require personalized, flexible and secure solutions.
- The effective integration of robots with humans and existing systems, ensuring interoperability, collaboration, trust and social acceptance.
- Innovation continues in the development of new materials, designs, algorithms and applications for robots, which allow them to improve their performance, efficiency and sustainability.
ABB is addressing these challenges through a number of strategies .
To achieve this goal, ABB is investing in innovation, development and expansion. Recently, it announced that it will invest $280 million in its European Robotics Center in Sweden, which will be the world’s most advanced and sustainable center for robot research and development . The center will feature state-of-the-art facilities for robot manufacturing, testing and demonstration, as well as spaces for collaboration with customers, partners and universities.
Additionally, ABB is expanding its educational offering with the launch of the IRB 1090, a compact and versatile educational robot that allows students and teachers to learn the basics of robotics and programming . The IRB 1090 is the latest member of ABB’s family of educational robots, which also includes the IRB 1100 and IRB 1200. These robots are designed to be easy to use, safe and compatible with ABB’s RobotStudio software, which allows simulating and program robots in a virtual environment.
Likewise, ABB is launching new products and solutions to meet the needs of different sectors and industries. For example, it has introduced OptiFact™, a cloud-based solution that uses artificial intelligence and advanced analytics to optimize factory performance. It has also expanded its GoFa™ family of collaborative robots, which are capable of working alongside humans without the need for physical barriers. And it has introduced new models of large robots, such as the IRB 6790 and IRB 8700, which offer greater load capacity, reach and precision.
With these initiatives, ABB demonstrates its commitment to the digital transformation and sustainability of the robotics industry. ABB wants to lead the way towards a new era of intelligent, flexible and efficient robotics, which contributes to economic, social and environmental progress.
ABB’s strategy aims to benefit both its employees and current customers by offering them opportunities for growth, development and innovation. Some of the possible effects of ABB’s strategy are:
- For employees, ABB’s strategy involves a greater commitment to sustainability, ethics and human rights, as well as health and safety at work. It also implies greater education and training in the new technologies and solutions offered by ABB, as well as greater mobility and diversity within the organizations. In addition, ABB‘s strategy seeks to attract and retain talent, offering an attractive and global work environment.
- For customers, ABB’s strategy involves greater quality, efficiency and reliability in the products, systems and services they receive, as well as greater customization and adaptation to their needs and expectations. It also involves greater collaboration and integration with ABB, which provides them with cutting-edge technologies in energy and automation, allowing them to improve their performance, productivity and sustainability. In addition, ABB’s strategy seeks to generate value in its processes, offering solutions based on the cloud, artificial intelligence and advanced analysis .
If you need more info, don’t hesitate to call us: we will be ready to help you and to find the best solution for you project.