Logistics is a key sector for the economic and social development of any country. However, it also faces major challenges such as growing customer demand, global competition, labor shortages, rising operating costs and environmental pressure. To overcome these challenges, logistics needs to transform and adapt to new market demands, taking advantage of the opportunities offered by emerging technologies such as automation and robotics.
Automation and robotics can bring numerous benefits to the logistics sector, such as improving productivity, quality, safety, flexibility and traceability of processes. In addition, they can contribute to reducing energy consumption, CO2 emissions, material waste and the environmental impact of logistics activities. In this way, automation and robotics can help logistics achieve higher levels of efficiency and sustainability, which translates into greater competitiveness and profitability for companies.
Yaskawa is a leading company in the field of automation and robotics, with more than 100 years of experience and more than 17 million products installed worldwide. Yaskawa offers a wide range of solutions specifically designed for the logistics sector, ranging from the handling and transportation of goods, to storage and order picking, to packaging and labeling. These solutions are based on the use of robotic arms, intelligent transportation systems, management and control software, and technical assistance and maintenance services.
Yaskawa robotic arms are capable of performing various tasks quickly, accurately and reliably, such as loading and unloading trucks, palletizing and depalletizing boxes, sorting and distributing products, or assembling and disassembling components. Yaskawa robotic arms are characterized by high speed, wide range of motion, easy integration and low energy consumption. In addition, they have sensors, cameras and artificial vision systems that allow them to recognize, locate and manipulate objects of different shapes, sizes, colors and weights.
Yaskawa intelligent transportation systems are autonomous mobile devices that are responsible for moving goods from one point to another within logistics facilities, following optimal routes and avoiding obstacles. These systems communicate with each other and with other equipment via a wireless network, and coordinate with Yaskawa’s management and control software, which monitors and optimizes material flow and resource allocation. Yaskawa intelligent transportation systems are distinguished by their versatility, modularity, scalability and safety.
Yaskawa’s management and control software is an integrated platform that allows you to control and monitor all the elements involved in logistics processes, from robotic arms and intelligent transportation systems, to automatic warehouses and identification systems. Yaskawa’s management and control software facilitates the planning, execution, monitoring and improvement of logistics operations, providing real-time information, generating reports and statistics, and detecting and resolving incidents. Yaskawa management and control software is characterized by its functionality, reliability, compatibility and ease of use.
These are just some of the Yaskawa robot references that can be used for logistics to increase its levels of efficiency and sustainability with automation and robotics:
- The Motoman PL series, which are high-performance palletizing robots, capable of palletizing and depalletizing products of different sizes and shapes, with a maximum load of 250 kg and a maximum reach of 3,159 mm. These robots are used in both final packaging and distribution logistics.
- The HC30PL collaborative robot, which is a six-axis robot that can work alongside humans without the need for safety fences, with a maximum load of 30 kg and a maximum reach of 1,700 mm. This robot facilitates safe and efficient palletizing, and can also be used in handling, packaging and logistics applications.
- Arc and spot welding robots, which are robots that can perform welding tasks quickly, accurately and reliably, with a maximum load of 25 kg and a maximum reach of 2,039 mm. These robots are used in the manufacturing of metal components for the logistics industry.
- Scara robots, which are four-axis robots that can perform assembly, assembly, sorting and product distribution tasks, with a maximum load of 20 kg and a maximum reach of 1,000 mm. These robots are characterized by their high speed, wide range of motion and easy integration.
- Delta robots, which are three-axis robots that can perform handling and transportation tasks for light and small products, with a maximum load of 3 kg and a maximum reach of 1,130 mm. These robots are distinguished by their versatility, modularity, scalability and safety.
Yaskawa is, therefore, a strategic partner for the logistics sector, which makes available to the market a wide range of automation and robotics solutions specifically designed to enable the transformation of the logistics sector, increasing its levels of efficiency and sustainability. If you want to know more about Yaskawa’s solutions for logistics, visit its website or contact its sales department.